Charles Hoskinson is a definitive drawing card for any blockchain industry event, and Bitcoin Events is no different. the Blockchain Africa Conference is very happy to have the founder of Cardano and the founder and CEO of Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK) returning as keynote speaker. Hoskinson will discuss IOHK’s plans using the Cardano blockchain on the African continent. He previously spoke about the huge opportunities for implementing blockchain technology in Africa as well as IOHK’s partnerships with several African governments to onboard students and citizens on the Cardano platform for blockchain implementation. in the real world.
Hoskinson has supported and funded blockchain research labs around the world, including the University of Edinburgh, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and the University of Wyoming. He has a deep commitment to the industry and has been instrumental in changing perceptions about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
Bitcoin Events’ flagship event, Blockchain Africa Conference 2022, is set to take place virtually in less than three days, March 17-18, 2022. The conference will be the eighth in the highly acclaimed series and is expected to bring together 2,000 attendees from over 50 countries including investors, start-ups, enthusiasts, developers, businesses, policy makers and regulators who will participate in 25 sessions over the two days of the event.
The Blockchain Africa 2022 conference will focus on the opportunities and use cases that blockchain technology presents both in Africa and the rest of the world. Over the years, the conference themes have evolved and aligned with the global adoption of blockchain technology: “Moving Africa Forward”, “Beyond the Hype”, “From Hype to Mainstream” and now “Ready for Business”. ? »
Discussions at the conference will include:
● What is the state of blockchain technology in enterprise adoption, and what’s next?
● How is blockchain technology unlocking the value of livestock in Africa?
● Are cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology the next generation of cross-border payments in Africa?
● What is the value of self-sovereign identity for organizations and citizens in a South African context?
● Smart contracts can redefine business and are one of the main reasons people are excited about blockchain technology and investing in cryptocurrency. Which smart contract platforms are ahead of the rest, and why?
● How can blockchain-based gaming be used as a tool for empowerment in Africa, and what opportunities exist?
● Amid an uncertain regulatory environment, a staggering $32.8 billion was invested in crypto and blockchain-based businesses in 2021. Will it continue, and what types of businesses are gaining traction ?
● Nigeria recently became the first African country to launch a central bank digital currency, eNaira. What does the future of CBDCs look like on the continent?
● Regulation and Compliance: What type of regulation of digital assets are we seeing globally and what is the impact of regulation on the industry?
The main conference sponsors are Blockchain.com, DafriBank and Klever Finance, and its diamond sponsors are AmaZix, Amber Group, Huobi Global, BNB Chain and Metis. Luno, AltcoinTrader, Tacen, CryptoCurrencyWire, QuidPro and the Eastern and Southern Africa Trade and Development Bank are the gold sponsors of the conference.
The Blockchain Africa Conference 2022 promises to be two action-packed days of innovative discussions and networking. The conference is an opportunity to connect and network with some of the most influential figures and organizations in the African and global blockchain ecosystem.
Africa is a continent with a very young population, high penetration of mobile services and well-established infrastructure. These are among the driving forces accelerating the adoption of blockchain and digital currencies on the continent.
The Blockchain Africa conference is a valuable opportunity to connect and learn more about the African blockchain ecosystem.
About Bitcoin Events
Bitcoin Events is the first event company to organize world-class blockchain and cryptocurrency-specific conferences in Africa. The company has hosted seven highly successful Blockchain Africa conferences in Cape Town and Johannesburg, as well as an online conference in 2021. Bitcoin Events has also introduced additional annual events such as Crypto Fest and DeFi conferences.
A total of 14,000 participants and 239 speakers from 165 countries attended these events.
For more information on the Blockchain Africa Conference 2022, visit the to place or send an e-mail.
This is a paid press release. Cointelegraph does not endorse and is not responsible for the content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other elements of this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any action related to the company. Cointelegraph is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.