- Sydney > CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
The Music and Booze Co is a Sydney-based music agency and events company that books musicians and schedules entertainment for a range of Sydney venues and hospitality groups. The company also owns and operates its own festivals and events, including the King Street Carnival, Bad Friday, and Beer Footy and Food festivals. We specialize in discovering, booking and creating routes for independent artists. We also pride ourselves on listening to the field and providing opportunities for emerging artists within our own events and the places we work for.
Your duties will include:
- Managing live music schedules from multiple venues
- Organize the line-ups according to the briefs provided
- Monitor sales for paid shows to identify where further marketing and promotional efforts are needed
- Collect weekly reports of show attendance figures across multiple venues as well as agency/venue/artist revenue
- Report to site stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Respond to general daily booking requests
- Moving shows forward (listing tickets, worksheets, contracts, guest lists, etc.)
- Post-show settlements (ensuring funds are paid to performers)
- Finding and booking door staff for paid shows
- Planning social media posts
You will be:
- Have a passion for live music and entertainment in all genres and a thirst for discovering new talent
- Have a good knowledge of the local underground music and creative scene
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in a room booking agent role or similar
- Have an in-depth understanding of the current live music landscape, both in Sydney and nationally.
- Have a watchful eye and ear for new emerging artists
- Be well organized and have excellent time management skills
- Master email, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have a relative understanding of social media platforms
- Have a practical attitude and “roll up your sleeves”
The Music and Booze Co is a small business that values the individual and respects the uniqueness of all its team members. It’s a fantastic chance to grow with a long-standing and respected entertainment company that is looking to expand across its many business lines over the next twelve months.
For the right candidate, this is a rare practical opportunity to participate in the creation of a company, to develop professionally and to benefit from the successes of this growth.